April is the Month the Church Dedicates to the Holy Face
“I have given my body to the strikers, and my checks to them that plucked them: I have not turned away my
face from them that rebuked me, and spit upon me.”
(Isaias, l. 6)
"By offering My Face to My Eternal
Father, nothing will be refused, and the conversion of many sinners will be obtained."
(Our Lord to Sr. Marie de Saint-Pierre, Nov 1846)
DEVOTION TO THE HOLY FACE OF JESUS
Promises of Our Lord Jesus Christ to Sr. Mary of St. Peter, Discalced Carmelite Nun of Tours, France, in favor of those who honor His Holy Face:
1. “By My Holy Face you shall work miracles.”
2. “By My Face you will obtain the conversion of many sinners.”
3. “Nothing that you ask in making this offering will be refused to you.”
4. “If you knew how pleasing the sight of My Face is to My Father.”
5. “As in a kingdom you can procure all you wish for with a coin marked with the King's effigy, so in the Kingdom of Heaven you will obtain all you desire with the precious coin of My Holy Face.”
6. “Our Lord has promised me that He will imprint His divine likeness on the souls of those who honor His most holy Countenance.”
7. “All those who honor My Holy Face in a spirit of reparation will, by so doing, perform the office of the pious Veronica.”
8. “According to the care you take in making reparation to My Face, disfigured by blasphemies, so will I take care of yours, which has been disfigured by sin. I will reprint therin My image and render it as beautiful as it was on leaving the Baptismal font.”
9. “Our Lord promised me that all those who defend His cause in this work of reparation, by words, by prayers, or in writing, He will defend them before His Father; at their death He will purify their souls by effacing all the blots of sin and will restore to them their primitive beauty.”
Act of Reparation for Blasphemy
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most mysterious and unutterable Name of God, be praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in heaven, and on earth by the Sacred Heart of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, in the most Holy Sacrament of the altar, and by all God's creatures. Amen.
• Eternal Father, I offer Thee the adorable Face of Thy beloved Son for the honor and glory of Thy Holy Name, for the conversion of sinners and the salvation of dying souls.
• Eternal Father, I ask of Thee as many souls as was the number of the drops of Blood as Thy Divine Son shed in His Passion. (She was given a vision of Hell and the multitude of souls falling in, and was invited to pray for poor sinners. Dec. 21, 1846).
• Eternal Father, I offer Thee Our Savior, Jesus Christ for the expiation of my sins and for the needs of Holy Church.
• Our Lord told Sister Marie de Saint-Pierre on March 16, 1844, “Oh if you only knew what great merit you acquire by saying even once, ‘Admirable is the Name of God,’ in the spirit of reparation of blasphemy.” (say often)
• Be merciful to us, O my God and reject not our prayers, when amid our afflictions, we call upon Thy Holy Name and seek with love and confidence Thine adorable Face.
• Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Holy Face of Jesus, covered with Blood, Sweat, dust and spittle, in reparation for the crimes of communists, blasphemers and by the profaners of His Holy Name and of the Holy Day of Sunday.
Taken from: www.todayscatholicworld.com/ap06tcw.htm
Below listed are the feasts falling in April 2018:
(THE PASCHAL TIME BEGINS)
April 2: Easter Monday, Double.
April 3: Easter Tuesday, Double.
April 4: Easter Wednesday, Double.
April 5: Easter Thursday, Double.
April 6: FIRST FRIDAY/Easter Friday, Double.
April 7: FIRST SATURDAY/Easter Saturday, Double.
April 8: Low Sunday, Double of the I Class.
April 10: Feria
April 12: Feria
April 13: St. Hermenegild Martyr, Simple.
April 14: St. Justin Martyr, Double; Commemoration of Saints Tiburtius, Valerian and Maximus, Martyrs.
April 15: II Sunday after Easter, Double.
April 16: Feria
April 18: Feria
April 19: Feria
April 20: Feria
April 22: III Sunday after Easter, Double; Commemoration of Ss. Soter and Caius Popes and Martyrs.
April 23: St. George Martyr, Simple.
April 24: St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen Martyr, Double.
April 26: Ss. Cletus and Marcellinus Popes and Martyrs, Simple ; [Our Lady of Good Counsel (Regional Calendars)].
April 28: St. Paul of the Cross Confessor, Double; Commemoration of St. Vitalis Martyr.
April 29: IV Sunday after Easter, Double; Commemoration of St. Peter of Verona Martyr; [St. Robert, Abbot of Molesme (Liturgical Calendar of France)].
April 30: St. Catherine of Siena Virgin, Double.
Admirable is the Name of God!